7/12/14

Letters to Miranda

Dear Miranda,

This week I've realised something: no one is going to stay forever in our lives. Not even your best friend. And that's sad, I know, but that's life.
After saying that, why don't we talk about the fact that I'm looking forward to Christmas? Is it weird that I'm still happy because Christmas is coming? Mom says that as you grow up, you lose interest in these holidays and you just want to close your eyes, hoping these days will pass quickly.

I don't want to grow up, Miranda.

Mostly, because I still love Christmas. I love seeing my little cousin opening gifts and jumping for joy. I want to have dinner with my family and talk about random things, whatever comes to my head first. I like staying home all day on Christmas' Day, watching movies and reading books. I adore going for a walk and knowing that it might snow. I want to go down the street and see those lights.

Oh, and I love the Christmas' tree. And gifts. And not going to school. And being able to take a deep breathe and think about my life.

And somehow, I wondered why mom hates these holidays. I figured out that it reminds her of those people who aren't with us today. It makes me sad, because I do remember them, their smiles, their happiness. And that's why I still love Christmas, because they are with me, in my heart. I feel them every day, I still remember all those ones who went away and will never come back.

You know what, Miranda? I'm going to fight for my dreams, I'm going to enjoy youth, I'm going to find my place, and I'm going to be happy.

Because that's what they would like to see.

I.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario